Personal Excellence Achieved through Community Empowerment
Foundation for Peaceful Communities invests in people through targeted social renewal projects and enterprises designed to help each individual grow, thrive and contribute to the surrounding community.
Each PEACE Project addresses a specific population and needs with comprehensive programming designed to create the best opportunity for success. Participants are given the support they need while also being trained to stand tall and take personal responsibility for their lives.
Current and planned PEACE Projects offer a range of skills and support to several different populations
- Ruthie’s Place: Thrift Store Boutique, Domestic Violence trauma-informed support services on site, Youth drop-in center, and Tapestry LGBTQ Domestic Violence services
- Global Drum Project for Girls: Creating and delivering drums to girls throughout the world. Giving girls a voice and letting them know that ‘Their lives are sacred’.
- Soroptimist House: A safe, comfortable transitional home for survivors of domestic violence and their children located in Citrus Heights..
- Safe Haven for CSEC/Trafficked Girls: A safe-have home for ‘Commercially Sexually Exploited Children/Girls’ aged 12 to 17. A place to be protected, respected, and loved. Providing an environment of healing, understanding, and safety.
- Permanent Supportive Housing Community: Including onsite resources for women, children, and veterans.
- Mentoring & Partnerships: Nurturing tomorrow’s business leaders today through an entrepreneurial and business educational incubator training center.
- Performing Arts Center: Instilling confidence and freedom through artistic discipline, our performing arts center will be a hub for creativity and self-expression.
The PEACE Projects fill a major gap in our community, offering a new and brighter tomorrow, and the confidence to meet life’s challenges with strength and grace.
Find out how to become a PEACE Ambassador and help us create ripples of peace and prosperity through our community.
PDF BROCHURE: FoundationforPeacefulComm Brochure_May 2017